Sunday, September 21, 2008

Soundtracks That I Can't Stop Listening To

I have a great love for soundtrack music. It started a long time ago with my father. (Thanks, Daddy. I love you.) He loved vinyl records with sound effects on them, usually in quadraphonic stereo. This is how they made records back then. They where so cool. He also loved these old vinyl soundtracks that he brought with him from Italy when we came over. They had really great songs from old Italian movies, and I would lie in front of the stereo (we had one of those old school furniture looking ones where the top opened up to reveal a record player), listening to those records crackle & pop. It sounded to like heaven to me. On Sundays, we would listen to those records together to hear airplanes flying, cars crashing, and really funny Italian music.

Anyway... I thought I’d share a list of soundtracks that I just can’t stop listening to, so all of you who love movie soundtracks as much as I do could check them out. They’re listed below, in no particular order. If you like them, they’re available on iTunes. Or, you can check out most of them on Amazon, by following the links on the right hand side of my blog (just below some of my fave movies). I have to say that my fave soundtracks are from foreign films. They really produce incredible soundtracks. I love French films the best, and Italian films come in a close second.

JB

P.S. The movies these soundtracks are from are great too.

Soundtracks that I can’t stop listening to:

• Vicky Christina Barcelona - Various Artists
• Something's Gotta Give - Various Artists
• The Fountain - Clint Mansell
• 1492: Conquest Of Paradise -Vangelis
• Ocean's Eleven -Various Artists
• Ocean's Twelve - Various Artists
• Purple Rain - Prince & the Revolution
• El Greco - Vangelis
• Blade Runner (25th Anniversary Edition) - Vangelis
• Breakfast At Tiffany's - Henry Mancini
• Feast of Love - Various Artists
• Revolver - Nathaniel Mechaly
• Queen Of The Damned - Various Artists
• Il Postino - Various Artists/Luis E. Bacalov
• Diva (20th Anniversary Edition) - Vladmir Cosma
• Trio Couleurs Bleu - Zbigniew Preisner
• Le Courage D' Aimer - Various Artists
• Betty Blue 37.2 Le Matin - Gabriel Yared
• La Belle Histoire - Various Artists
• Solaris - Cliff Martinez
• Passion: Music For The Last Temptation Of Christ - Peter Gabriel

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Check back for my response and/or Eddy's. We love hearing from you! Peace, JB (blog owner) and Eddy ("super great cuz" & frequent guest blogger)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...