Last month I told you guys about the old man who wanted me to write "Happy Berth-day 92 my wife" on a cake. I mentioned that his birthday message got me thinking about some other weird things people have asked me to write on cakes for them, and that I was going to make a list of strange cake messages for a future blog post. Well, I'd like to share some of those messages with all of you now. Most will be hard to believe, but I promise they're all for real. What you folks have to ask yourselves is how the heck I manage to keep a straight face when people come to my counter and ask me to write these things.
* To 20 more years of fist pumping action bros!
(my blog rating is PG, so I'm not even going there...)
* I hate all of you equally
(oh, come on, surely you hate one of them just a teensy bit more than the rest)
* I know last week was your birthday. Guess I'm sorry.
* This cake was never meant for you
(so, you spent 25 bucks just for fun?)
* Good luck at your new job 'cause your going to need it
(wow, way to boost someones ego, buddy)
* Happy 16 birthday to my daughter/son
(I guess some parents aren't sure??)
* I never really cared much for birthdays
(but you cared enough to buy a cake?)
* Why happy birthday?
(um, maybe because it's better than sad birthday)
* To all the birthdays I missed, I'm sorry for this one
(what? only this one?)
* Birthdays suck and so do you sista!
(nothing like getting a cake to tell someone how you really feel)