Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Food for Thought: Walk Away or Try Harder

Hi All,

Back in July I wrote about how I sometimes find it difficult letting those I care about learn lessons on their own. I'm experiencing this again as of late. I have a family member who is particularly stubborn and just can't seem grasp that change is required if change is desired. Hmm, I'm a poet and didn't know it. LOL Seriously, though, I am at the point where I don't know how much harder I can try to get this person to understand this concept. ~ sigh ~


There is a huge back story to all of this, but the long and the short of it is that this person has been through a lot -- emotionally, mentally, physically, spiritually -- and I know it's going to take time to make changes and form new habits, but I feel like I am being used and I don't like it. On one hand, I think I have given all of the support and good advice that I can at this point and it's time to let go. On the other hand, however, I feel like I need to be more patient with this person because of the back story. ~ sigh ~

It's tough, really tough. JB and I were discussing this the other day, and she said, "Eddy, who's going to take care of you?"

Yeah, good question.

Until next time,

Eddy

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Check back for my response and/or Eddy's. We love hearing from you! Peace, JB (blog owner) and Eddy ("super great cuz" & frequent guest blogger)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...